About the M998 HMMWV - Two-Door Cargo & Troop Carrier:
Another example of American utility, the HMMWV or “Humvee” has been produced over the past 30 years and features more than a dozen different variations, ranging from troop carriers and ambulances to weapons support. Over 180,000 Humvees have been produced by AM General in South Bend, Indiana.
Deployed in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, the Humvee has performed in military conflicts across the world, a common sight wherever American military forces are present. In combat situations, the Humvee can be equipped with everything from machine guns to anti-tank missiles. Armored versions have been introduced to provide soldiers with proper protection against enemy IEDs (Improvised Explosive Device).
- Crew: 1
- Speed: 70 mph (112 km/h)
- Range: 348 mi (560 km)
- Armaments: Various, including
- 40mm MK 19 Mod air-cooled automatic grenade launcher
- 12.7mm Browning M2HB heavy machine gun
- 7.62mm M60 machine gun
- 7.62mm M240B machine gun
- TOW anti-tank missile launcher
- Stinger short-range air-to-air missiles
- AIM 120 medium-range air-to-air missiles
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The M998 HMMWV - Two-Door Cargo & Troop Carrier kit includes the following features:
- Opening doors and tailgate
- Engine hood opens like the real Humvee
- Easy interior access
- Rubber tires
- Several add-on packs available
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania models
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.