About the UH-1D "Huey" - Multipurpose Utility Helicopter
The UH-1D “Huey” is iconic in American military history. Commonly seen in media depicting the Vietnam War, the Huey was responsible for changing the way we conduct armed conflict. Before the advent of the helicopter, troop mobility was restricted by their movement on the ground. The helicopter allowed troops to be inserted and retrieved in a fraction of the time it took to march somewhere. When the helicopter was first introduced into the Korean War, the use of these vehicles to evacuate casualties to MASH (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) units near the front cut the death rate for wounded soldiers to numbers never seen in war.
Thousands of these helicopters were deployed across Vietnam, fulfilling roles including medevac, troop transport, and gunship. The image of the Huey filled American televisions during the first fully-televised war in history until mounting casualties and public protest ended the war in 1975.
- Engine: Lycoming T-53
- Maximum speed: 135 mph (217 km/h)
- Range: 315 mi (507 km)
- Crew: 2–4
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The UH-1D "Huey" - Multipurpose Utility Helicopter comes with the following features:
- Includes seats for two pilots (figures available separately)
- Sticker sheet for basic US Army configuration
- Has opening side doors for passenger compartment
- Infinitely customizable design (add-on packs available separately)
- Includes 405 genuine new-condition LEGO® parts
- 1/35 scale to match Brickmania's other kits
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.
Add-on packs for the UH-1D "Huey" - Multipurpose Utility Helicopter:
- UH-1C Gunship Conversion Kit
- M23 Mount - Huey Door Guns Accessory Pack
- Vietnam War UH-1 Huey Sticker Pack