About the SB2C Helldiver - Carrier-Based Dive Bomber:
Replacing the SBD Dauntless in 1943 as the U.S. Navy’s premier dive bomber, the SB2C Helldiver sank more Japanese ships in the Pacific than any other Allied aircraft. Mostly launching from aircraft carriers, the plane’s wings folded up to form a triangle, making it capable of being stacked and stored which created more room for takeoff or landing and allowed more planes to be stored on airfields or carriers. Capable of carrying 2,000 pounds of bombs or a single torpedo in the internal bomb bay, the Helldiver’s ordnance payload made it a formidable opponent over sea or land.
- Speed: 294 mph (473 km/h)
- Range: 1,200 miles (1,931 km)
- Crew: 2 (pilot and gunner)
- Max. Takeoff Weight: 16,800 lbs (7,620 kg)
- Wing Span: 49 ft (15 m)
Additional information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
Featuring printed posable dive brakes, bomb bay doors, landing gear, and tailhook, the Brickmania SB2C is packed with lifelike functions. Loaded with rockets and built in a three-tone color scheme modeled after the Bombing Banshees, the model’s wings fold into the iconic triangle above the cockpit to allow for more space while stored on aircraft carriers. It also features a tail gunner reconfiguration to provide access to dual M1919s. The model has a 17 in (43 cm) wingspan, 12.8 in (32.5 cm) length, and 5.9 in (15 cm) height.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 940 LEGO® and BrickArms® elements
- 2x Custom 360-degree printed SBC2 Pilot Minifigs
- 2x BrickArms M1919 (w/o ammo box)
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Full-color printed building instructions
- Additional printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Advanced Skill Level (8–10 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.