About the Panzer III Ausf. E - German Medium Tank:
The workhorse of early German conquests, the Panzer III provided the necessary speed and armament for blitzkrieg tactics. Mobilized by Erwin Rommel’s Afrikakorps, the Panzer III (and its variants) remained the most numerous German tank during the North African campaign. It also played a key role during the invasion of France and the Low Countries in 1940. Although underpowered against French and British tanks, the sheer concentration of armor against thinly deployed Allied tanks allowed the smaller Panzer III to overwhelm Allied armor units.
The Ausf E variant served as the standard for future models beginning with the Ausf F. The chassis for this tank would also serve as the basis for the StuG III Ausf G tank destroyer.
- Crew: 5
- Armament: 3.7 cm KwK 36 L/46.5 or 5 cm KwK 38 L/42, 3x 7.92mm MG34
- Engine: Maybach HL 120 TR V12 gasoline
- Speed: 24 mph (40 km/h)
- Range: 102 mi (165 km)
Features of the Panzer III:
Brickmania’s Panzer III Ausf E kit is designed to represent the standard medium gun tank used by the German forces during the early years of World War II, wearing the colors of the famed Deutsches Afrikakorps. The kit includes fully articulated Brickmania Track Links™, a rotating turret with elevating 37mm high velocity gun, and opening hatches for the vehicle commander. It also includes a hull-mounted MG34 Machine Gun from BrickArms, and a sticker set with national insignia, turret numbers and the DAK logo. The Panzer III Ausf E kit was designed specifically with a number of add-on pack upgrades in mind, and can also be customized by the builder.
- Model designed by Daniel Siskind
- Contains 519 LEGO®, Brickmania™ & BrickArms® elements
- Recommended for Intermediate Level builders (4–6 years experience)
- Includes full color printed building instructions and custom sticker sheet
- Designed specifically to work with separate add-on packs available from Brickmania
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania models
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.