About the P-40N Warhawk - WWII Fighter:
An iconic plane of the Second World War, few fighters in history have seen action in as many theaters as the P-40. Developed from the P-36, the P-40 was America’s primary fighter entering World War II. During the December 7th attack on Pearl Harbor by Japan, two pilots — Lts. George Welch and Ken Taylor — downed seven enemy aircraft while piloting a pair of P-40s. First taking to the skies in 1939, the P-40 stayed in production through 1944 with the P-40N variant being the last (and most popular) of the planes to be manufactured, and was the final fighter ever produced by Curtiss-Wright.
- Armament: Six .50-cal machine guns, 700 lbs. of bombs externally
- Engine: Allison V-1710 for 1,150 hp
- Maximum speed: 362 mph (582 km/h)
- Crew: 1
- Range: 850 mi (1,367 km)
- Ceiling: 30,000 ft.
Additional information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
Included with an updated dihedral wing design, detailed cockpit, brick-built exhaust, and retractable landing gear is the option for a completely customized nose. This kit includes all the bricks needed to create a red or white nose for the P-40N along with three distinct decal options to further customize the kit.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 468 LEGO® elements
- WWII American Pilot minifig
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Full-color printed building instructions
- Additional printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.