About the Opel Blitz - Lightweight Truck
The Opel Blitz was the name given to various German trucks built by the German Opel automobile manufacturer beginning in the 1930s. During World War II, this vehicle was deployed as the main transport truck for the Wehrmacht, serving a similar purpose as the American-built CCKW. The Blitz was used mainly to haul soldiers and supplies to the front, namely ammunition, artillery shells, fuel, and food. The truck could also be used for logistical purposes such as a radio station or mobile command post.
- Production: 95,000 units
- Maximum Speed: 50 mph (80 km/h)
- Maximum Range: 255 miles (410 km)
- Crew: 2
- Weight: 2.3 US Short Tons (2,100 kg; 4,630 lb)
- Power: 1 x Opel 6-cylinder gasoline engine with 74 horsepower
Features of the Opel Blitz building kit:
Brickmania's Opel Blitz model captures the essence of the true workhorse truck. The model includes opening cab doors and tailgate, trailer hook, and spare tire. It also includes custom-printed German Army insignia, blackout headlamp covers, "Ogel Blitz" name radiator cover and license plate tiles. This kit is designed for use with the BKM2224 Opel Blitz Canvas Cover Add-On Pack (sold separately).
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- 253 LEGO® Elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Intermediate Skill Level (4–6 years experience recommended)
- Full-color building instructions
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.