About Nieuport 11 - WWI French Fighter Aircraft:
When the Great War began, several veteran commanders had little idea of how to use aircraft in combat. The obvious application was for reconnaissance, then another aircraft to counter the opposite forces reconnaissance plane. This “back-and-forth” of aircraft technology pushed the warring nations to continue developing faster, more maneuverable, and better-armed aircraft through the end of the conflict. Among the Allies, the French Nieuport series of warplanes produced several successful combat models. The Nieuport 11 “Bebe” helped turn the air war in favor of the Allies and was a key factor to Allied success at places like Verdun.
An interesting fact about the Nieuport 11 is that it sometimes featured a crude anti-balloon rocket weapon, which could be described as a “glorified bottle rocket”.
- Crew: 1
- Speed: 104 mph (167 km/h)
- Engine: Le Rhone 9C rotary engine
- Armament: 7.7 Lewis machine gun, anti-balloon rockets
- Service Ceiling: 16, 404 ft (5000m)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Nieuport 11 - WWI French Fighter Aircraft kit comes with the following features
- Custom-printed French pilot minifigure
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Printed elements
- BrickArms Lewis Gun MK2 Air
- Spinning propeller
- Designed by Cody Osell
- Includes 247 genuine new-condition LEGO®, BrickArms elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.