About the MiG-15 - Russian Fighter Aircraft:
Technology developed during the Second World War brought the battle for air superiority to new levels. The outbreak of the Korean War caused the development of jet-powered fighter aircraft such as the MiG-15, once again changing the nature of air combat. The old, slow-moving bomber aircraft of World War II would become obsolete in the face of these new terrors.
Instead of simply mounting jet engines on the old propeller-driven airframe, Soviet engineers employed a swept-back wing design and horizontal stabilizers. This afforded the MiG-15 a top speed approaching the speed of sound and a climb-rate completely unseen before in aerial combat. This engineering feat was first seen in November of 1950 when a B-29 Superfortress was engaged by enemy aircraft that moved so fast it could not be identified. The MiG-15 was able to damage the Superfortress and escape their Lockheed F-80 escorts, who attempted to pursue the attacker with no success.
Lightly armed with two 23mm cannons and one 37mm cannon and a top speed of 668 mph, the MiG-15 was designated as a bomber interceptor. It was equipped with a Klimov VK-1 turbojet engine, making it all but impossible to be targeted by Superfortress defensive guns. It took the development of the F-86 Sabre by the United States to successfully combat the MiG-15 in the skies over Korea.
- Crew: 1
- Engine: Klimov VK-1 turbojet
- Speed: 668 mph (580 knots, 1075 km/h)
- Range: 1156 mph (1860 km, 1004 nautical miles)
- Rate of Climb: 11,480 feet per minute
- Armament: Nudelman N-37 37mm cannon, 2x Nudelman NR-23 23mm cannons
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The MiG-15 - Russian Fighter Aircraft comes with the following features
- Includes custom 360 degree printed North Korean pilot
- Retractable landing gear
- Sticker sheet with both Soviet and North Korean markings
- Air brakes
- Printed gun sights
- Designed by Yitzy Kasowitz
- Includes 460 genuine new-condition LEGO®, BrickArms elements
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.