About the MH-47G Chinook - 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) 'Night Stalkers' Edition:
The Boeing MH-47 Chinook is an American twin-engine, heavy-lift helicopter. They are operated by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR), or ‘Night Stalkers’. These helicopters are flown in the heavy assault role, which includes insertion and extraction of Special Operations forces. This ‘G’ variant, also known as “Golf”, is the most current and sophisticated MH-47 currently in service.
The MH-47G features numerous upgrades that sets it apart from the other variants. The cockpit is full-glass and digital to make it compatible with night vision goggles. Sensors on the helicopter include a forward-looking infrared and electro-optical camera, multi-mode radar with terrain-following, and weather detection modes. This helicopter also comes equipped with sufficient amounts of communication gear, defensive systems, extraction and insertion gear, and a large fuel tank for longer flights. This crucial equipment is to provide the maximum support for soldiers and ensure the success of the mission.
- Crew: Five(5) (pilot, co-pilot, three crew chiefs/gunners)
- Engine: Two(2) x Textron Lycoming T55-4-714 Turboshaft
- Maximum speed: 259 mph
- Range: 1,382 km
- Armament: Four(4) gun stations with two(2) x m134 7.62mm mini-guns (front), two(2) x M240D 7.62mm machine guns (rear)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The MH-47G Chinook - 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) 'Night Stalkers' Edition kit includes the following features:
- Model designed by Daniel Siskind
- Measures over 29 inches (75cm) long
- Opening cargo ramp, rescue winch, easy opening roof, and removable bench seating
- Custom printed elements such as round window elements, cockpit instrument panel, FLIR and name placard
- Two(2) custom-printed pilots and three crew chief minifigures designed by Landon Reimer
- Vinyl sticker sheet with "United States Army" and 160 SOAR "Night Stalkers" crest
- Includes 1,543 genuine new-condition LEGO® & BrickArms elements
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.