About the Marder III - SdKfz 139 - WWII German Tank Destroyer:
Designed as a stop-gap measure against Soviet tanks, the Marder (marten) series refers to a long line of lightly-armored tank destroyers. When it was discovered that German anti-tank weapons had difficulty penetrating Soviet armor, the Marder was the temporary solution until better German tanks could be deployed to the Eastern Front.
The Marder I and II were found to be inadequate against tanks like the T-34. The early Marder III was an anti-tank gun mounted on the Panzer 38(t) chassis. The early Marder was often outfitted with captured Soviet anti-tank guns. The crew quarters were not enclosed, exposing the men to the elements and attacks from above, such as in an urban setting. The Marder’s tall profile and thin armor made the tank destroyer an ideal target. The Marder continued to be refined for the duration of the war.
- Crew: 4-5
- Armament: 75mm PaK 36 (r) gun, 7.92mm machine gun
- Engine: Praga water-cooled 6-cylinder gasoline
- Speed: 25 mph (40 km/h)
- Range: 118 miles (190 km)
Additional information about this Brickmania building kit:
The Marder III - SdKfz 139 - WWII German Tank Destroyer kit comes with the following features
- Fully-articulated Brickmania Track Link™ treads
- Elevating gun with opening breech
- Room inside hull for driver
- Includes one custom-printed minifigure with MP40 and Stahlhelm from BrickArms®
- Three custom-printed national insignia elements
- Overall tan color perfect for late-WWII dioramas
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.