About the M998 MEU HMMWV - Two-Door Cargo & Troop Carrier:
One of the most utilized, versatile, and recognizable vehicles on the planet, the HMMWV or “Humvee” has been produced over the past 30 years and features more than a dozen different variations. Ranging from troop carriers and ambulances to weapons support, over 180,000 Humvees have been produced by AM General in South Bend, Indiana.
Deployed in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, the Humvee has performed in military conflicts across the world, a common sight wherever American military forces are present. In combat situations, the Humvee can be equipped with everything from machine guns to antitank missiles. Armored versions have been introduced to provide soldiers with proper protection against enemy IEDs (Improvised Explosive Device).
This version of the Humvee is often seen on ships like the USS Makin Island when deployed with a Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU).
- Crew: 1
- Speed: 70 mph (112 km/h)
- Range: 348 mi (560 km)
- Armaments: Various, including
- 40mm Mk 19 air-cooled automatic grenade launcher
- 12.7mm Browning M2HB heavy machine gun
- 7.62mm M60 machine gun
- 7.62mm M240B machine gun
- TOW antitank missile launcher
- Stinger short-range air-to-air missiles
- AIM 120 medium-range air-to-air missiles
Features of the M998 HMMWV:
The updated Brickmania HMMWV features the tan coloring of the ubiquitous utility vehicle. It includes all elements seen on the Marine Corps version including opening doors and tailgate, easy interior access, brushguard, and snorkel. Several add-on packs are available to up the armor and firepower of your Humvee.
- Model designed by Daniel Siskind and John Canepa
- 200 new-condition elements from LEGO®
- Full-color printed building instructions
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Intermediate Skill Level (4–6 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.