About the M8 Scott - 75mm Howitzer Motor Carriage:
The M8 75mm Howitzer Motor Carriage was an American self-propelled howitzer vehicle developed during WWII. To make things relatively easy at the time, the Americans took the chassis and hull of the M5 Stuart and converted it for the Scott. This was completed by simply mounting the 75mm gun in a fully-traversing open-topped turret.
The M8 saw action during 1943 against the Axis forces in the Italian campaign, where it served throughout the Allied march on Rome and Berlin. It was later used by the French Union and State of Vietnam during the first Indochina War. It stayed in French service until the 1960s.
- Units built: 1,778
- Crew: 4 (commander, gunner, driver, assistant driver/loader)
- Main armament: 75mm Howitzer M2/M3 in Mount M7 with 76 rounds
- Secondary armament: .50 caliber Browning M2HB machine gun
- Engine: Twin Cadillac Series 42 inline 6 cylinder 4-stroke gasoline engine
- Operational range: 100 mi on road
- Speed: 36 mph on road
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The M8 Scott - 75mm Howitzer Motor Carriage kit comes with the following features:
- Custom-printed minifigure and parts
- Elevating gun barrel
- Rotating turret
- Brickmania Tracklinks
- BrickArms M2HB .50 caliber machine gun
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- Includes 408 genuine new-condition LEGO® and BrickArms elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.