About the M50A1 Ontos Tank Destroyer:
Officially designated the Rifle, Multiple 106mm, Self-Propelled, M50 this unusual vehicle was dubbed Ontos, the Greek word for “thing” during its U.S. military service from 1956 until 1969. The Ontos project was originally started with the intent to develop a fast and effective reconnaissance vehicle, hence the design’s compact chassis and downright tiny turret. However, the Ontos’ purpose was quickly altered to that of an anti-tank weapon as the U.S. military began to move away from using heavier vehicles that struggled in off-road terrain. Armed with six externally mounted enormous recoilless rifles, the Ontos proved itself a reliable asset at Khe Sanh, Hue, and other battles during the Vietnam War.
- Armament: X6 M40 recoilless rifles, X1 M1919 machine gun
- Crew: 3
- Range: 115 mi (185 km)
- Speed: 30 mph (48 km/h)
Additional information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
A build as unique as the Ontos itself, this kit features and expertly designed angular chassis, rotating turret, 360° printed commander minifig, and an opening top hatch with a mounted BrickArms® M1919 .30 caliber rifle. The six top-mounted recoilless rifles include functional breeches, four spotting rifles, and elevate and depress independently for added playability. Also included is USMC sticker sheet and Brickmania track links.
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- 360 LEGO®, Brickmania® & BrickArms® elements
- X1 custom printed minifig designed by Landon Reimer
- X14 custom 3D printed parts:
- X4 spotting rifle
- X6 recoilless rifle breech
- X4 recoilless rifle mount
- X1 BrickArms® M1919 machine gun
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Full-color printed building instructions
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production will be discontinued after its initial run.