About the M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo WWII Heavy Assault Tank:
The most famous Sherman Jumbo of the entire 4th Armored Division, “Cobra King” with the “First in Bastogne” inscription on its side was the first of U.S. General George S. Patton’s Third Army to break the German lines surrounding Bastogne, Belgium. A critical turning point in the Battle of The Bulge.
As for the tank variant itself, interestingly enough the name ‘Jumbo’ does not appear in any military documentation and is likely a post-war nickname. The “E” in the tank’s designation stood for experimental, as the U.S. Government sent the tank straight to combat without the standard time-consuming testing regime.
- Crew: 5 (commander, driver, co-driver, gunner and loader)
- Propulsion: Ford GAA V8, 500 hp
- Speed (road): 35.4 km/h (22 mph)
- Range: approx 160 km (100 mi)
- Armament: 75mm/76mm gun, .50 (12.7 mm) HB M2 machine gun, .30 (7.62 mm) M1919A4 machine gun
- Armor Maximum: 177 mm (7”)
Additional Information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
Featuring a newly designed chassis and updated turret configuration, Cody has pulled out all the stops for this epic Cobra King Sherman Jumbo. Adorned with an iconic “First in Bastogne” inscription sticker, builders have the option to create the specific tank or a more generic Jumbo, depending on preference. Also included is a set of double-wide track links (as opposed to the 1.5-wide) to illustrate the grousers commonly used to increase traction on Sherman Jumbo. Additionally, the kit incorporates a brick-built barrel lock and spotlight, with three opening hatched and a variety of tools attached to the side. Featured BrickArms® include a 57mm Barrel, M2HB, and .30 Caliber Ball Mount (short). Printed elements involve a coaxial machine gun, ammo crate, .50 cal ammo box and more.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 658 LEGO® & BrickArms® elements
- Custom minifig
- Seven custom printed elements
- BrickArms® 57mm Barrel, M2HB, and .30 Caliber Ball Mount (short)
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Full-color printed building instructions
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.