M3 Stuart Background Information:
The M3 "Stuart" was the only American tank design to see combat from the opening days of the war right up through the end. The Stuart was intended to be a fast, lightly armored reconnaissance tank. Armed with numerous machine guns and a turret-mounted 37mm gun, the Stuart was effective against most Axis tanks during the war.
Early M3s Stuarts had riveted hulls and turret armor. Many were supplied by Lend-Lease to Great Britain fighting in North Africa where they were nicknamed “Honeys” by their new British owners in homage to their reliability and speed. Operation Torch brought American troops and their M3A1 Stuarts with cast armor turrets and welded-hulls to North Africa in 1942. They were also supplied to Soviet Union under Lend-Lease, who preferred the Stuart to the Russian T-70. The Stuart was also deployed by US Marines during the legendary Guadalcanal and Tarawa campaigns.
The Stuart saw continued refinements throughout its production cycle and would eventually be standardized as the M5 Stuart to avoid confusion with the M3 Medium Tank. In many ways the Stuart was substandard to its Axis counterparts, however the lack of a suitable replacement meant it would serve with Allied armies until the end of the war.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
This is an updated version of one of Brickmania's most popular building kit and now includes premium vinyl sticker sets to build three different M3 Stuart variations. This Brickmania model kit is made from genuine unused LEGO bricks, articulated Brickmania Track Links, a BrickArms M1919, a custom printed tanker minifig and full-color, professionally printed building instructions.
The M3A1 Stuart Kit has the following features:
- Fully rotating turret with elevating main gun assembly
- Opening commander's hatches on the turret
- Full articulated treads built with Brickania's Track Links™
- Brickmania's exclusive custom US Tanker minifig
- Sturdy construction means lots of play possibilities
- Premium vinyl sticker sheet to build three different M3 Stuart models
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Includes 445 genuine new-condition LEGO bricks, Brickmania Track Links and BrickArms elements
- Comes with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks and this one includes compatible accessories by BrickArms. This model comes disassembled, and includes complete full color printed building instructions, a signed certificate of authenticity and comes packaged in a sealed box.