The M1857 was one of the most common field artillery pieces used by both sides during the American Civil War. It was a smooth bore cannon, fired a 12-pound projectile and was typically moved by a train of six horses. It's four main types of ammunition consisted of solid shot (aka the cannon ball), explosive shell, shrapnel (or "case" ammunition) and canister anti-personnel rounds. It's safety, reliability and deadly firepower earned the M1857 a great deal of respect by the troops that used it.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The M1857 Napoleon kit has the following features:
- Large wheels for to help ease of movement
- Includes water bucket and two rammers
- Has towing eye on the end of the tail
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 34 genuine new-condition LEGO elements
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and priduction may be discontinued at any time.