About the M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer:
Its official designation was the M18 76mm Gun Motor Carriage and was the US Army’s only purposely designed vehicle whose primary function was killing enemy tanks. Priority was given to mobility and firepower at the expense of armor protection, traits for which the Tank Destroyer units developed special tactics. During the Battle of the Bulge, M18s used their speed to secure key crossroads in advance of enemy units, helping to turn the tide of battle. While the tank destroyer doctrine would be abandoned after World War II, the M18 could still boast of the highest kill-to-loss ratio of any US armored vehicle during the war.
- Weight: 19.5 tons (17.7 metric)
- Armament: 76mm Gun M1A2, Browning .50 cal M2HB
- Armor: .2-1 in
- Speed: 57 mph (92km/h)
- Range 105 miles (168 km)
Additional Information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
The M18 Hellcat model features an incredibly sturdy design with a rotating turret, smooth rolling tracks, and an elevating and depressing gun. Also included are two opening front crew hatches, as well as a BrickArms® 76 mm barrel, muzzle brake, and M2HB.
- Designed by John Canepa
- 512 LEGO®, BrickArms®, and Brickmania® elements
- X2 Custom Minifigures
- BrickArms M2HB, 76mm Barrel, and 76mm Muzzle Break
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Full-color printed building instructions
- Additional printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.