This add-on pack is designed to accompany the Brickmania M113 - Armored Personnel Carrier kit.
About the M163 VADS - Vulcan Air Defense System Pack for M113:
A replacement for the M42 Duster, the M163 Vulcan Air Defense System (VADS) was first deployed during the Vietnam War. A variant of the M113 that was equipped with a Vulcan 20mm rotary cannon, it was primarily used for infantry support. Six of these armored fighting vehicles were deployed during Vietnam and had to be equipped with flotation kits because of weight added by the 20mm ammunition.
- Crew: 4
- Armament: 20mm Vulcan rotary cannon
- Engine: General Motors 6V53
- Range: 300 mi (480 km)
- Speed: 40 mph (64 km/h)
Features of this Brickmania™ Kit:
The M163 kit was modeled after the initial six vehicles sent to Vietnam in 1968 with the Vulcan Combat Test Team of the 5th Battalion, 2nd Artillery. The add-on pack includes extra flotation skirts and swim vane for the M113 hull, plus parts for additional hull interior details. It also carries a fully rotating gun turret with elevating radar unit and custom 3D-printed 20mm Vulcan Cannon. Also included are four custom-printed LEGO® tiles with US Army star insignia and a sticker sheet containing unit numbers and crew uniforms.
- Add-on pack designed by Daniel Siskind
- 160 new-condition elements from LEGO® and Brickmania™
- Full-color printed building instructions
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Intermediate Skill Level(4–6 years building experience recommended)
- Separate purchase of the M113 APC kit (BKM1032) is required to complete the model shown
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.