The M113 was devloped in the early 1960 as a replacement for a whole series of earlier armored personnel vehicles. The main improvement over earlier vehicles was the development of new aluminum armor, that protect the vehicle's occupants from small arms fire, while keeping the vehicle's weight low enough to allow for air transport. The M113's crew consists of a driver, seated in the front left side of the vehicle, and a vehcile commander, who occupied a central position. The M113 could carry up to 11 passengers and their equipment. The M113 was has been configured to a multitude of roles and remains the most common armored vehicle in use by US Army forces to this day.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
Features of this model:
- Fully articulated tank tracks
- Four opening hatches and opening tailgate
- Adustable seats for commander and passenger
- Easy opening roof detaches for interior access
- Room inside for 10 minifigs and weapons
- 1/35 scale matches other Brickmania models
- The over-all color scheme of this model is dark gray
This Brickmania model kit is made from genuine, unused LEGO bricks and is shipped disassembled. Also included are full-color printed building instructions and is packaged in a sealed box.
All Brickmania building kits are limited production and may be discontinued at any time.
There is also a limited edition ACAV version available with four minifigs. Click image for more info.