About the Ju87 G-2 Stuka - WWII Ground-Attack Aircraft:
A feature in the tank war of the Eastern Front, the Ju87 G-2 Stuka found a new role as a “tank buster” weapon against the masses of Soviet armor. Before 1943, the Stuka played a crucial role as a dive bomber during the German blitzkrieg. Under the advice of seasoned Stuka pilots, the G-2 variant was armed with two 37mm FlaK 18 guns with tungsten carbide armor-piercing rounds as a temporary solution until more antitank vehicles could be constructed. Deployed at the battle of Kursk, the Stuka helped support German armor by destroying hundreds of Soviet tanks and armored vehicles.
- Engine: Junkers Jumo 211J
- Crew: 2
- Armament: 2x 37mm FlaK 18 guns, 2x rear-facing 7.92mm machine guns
- Speed: 213 mph (344 km/h)
- Range: 621 mi (1,000 km)
Features of this Brickmania™ Kit:
The Brickmania Ju87 G-2 Stuka features the “tank buster” variant of the iconic German aircraft. This updated model has key details seen on the real aircraft including longer wings, movable flaps, newly-designed canopy, and detailed cockpit. This 1944 G-2 variant also includes the “less chunky” wheel covers, quoting designer Cody Osell. Also featured is the nose spiral, printed elements, high-quality sticker sheet, engine exhaust pipes, and two BrickArms® short air-cooled barrels. There are also two German pilot minifigures to crew your new Stuka.
- Model is designed by Cody Osell
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania models
- Includes 560 genuine new-condition LEGO® and BrickArms® elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6–8 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
- Includes full-color printed building instructions
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.