The Hawker Hurricane was one of the primary British fighter aircraft of World War II. Although it was responsible for a greater number of Axis planes destroyed in the war, history relegates the Hurricane to the shadow of it’s more famous cousin, the Supermarine Spitfire. While equipped with the powerful Rolls-Royce Merlin XX V12 engine, the Hurricane’s relative large size and thick wings meant it would never be as fast as sleek German Bf-109s and Fw-190s. As the Spitfire took over the role of Britain’s main dog fighting aircraft, the Hurricane was transformed into a ground attack aircraft, a task for which it was ideally suited. This configuration, known as the Hurricane IIc, was armed with four powerful Hispano 20mm cannons and up to a 1000 pound bomb load. Many such aircraft were “Tropicized,” with additional air filters and desert camouflage, and sent to North Africa in support of British forces.
Hurricane IIc Trop Vitals:
Dimensions: Wingspan 40 ft, 0 in (12.19 m), Length 32 ft, 3 in (9.84 m), Height 13 ft, 1 in (4.0 m)
Weight: Empty 5745 lbs (2605 kg), Loaded 5745 lb (2605 kg), Max 8710 lb (3950 kg)
Armament: 2 x 20mm Hispano Mk II cannon, 2 x 250 or 2 x 500 pound bombs
Speed: 340 mph
Range: 600 miles
Service Ceiling: 36000 ft
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The Hurricane IIc kit has the following features:
- Premium spiral-bound full-color instruction book included
- Die cut premium vinyl sticker sheet with complete wing and fuselage roundels sets
- Custom pad-printed British desert pilot minifig
- Authentic camouflage pattern
- Sturdy construction for active play
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 506 genuine new-condition LEGO and BrickArms elements
- Comes with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
- Strictly limited edition
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition elements from LEGO and BrickArms. This model comes disassembled, includes printed building instructions, and comes packaged in a sealed box.