About the F4U Corsair - WWII Carrier-Based Fighter-Bomber:
A legend of World War II, the F4U Corsair saw significant combat in the Pacific Theater after 1943. This carrier-based fighter-bomber boasted an impressive kill ratio of 11:1 against Japanese fighters such as the Zero. Its bomber capabilities helped support major operations at the Marshall Islands, Okinawa, and Iwo Jima by performing dive-bomb strikes against fortified Japanese positions. The story is that the Japanese referred to the warplane as “Whistling Death” for the noise it made as it dove for an attack run.
- Crew: 1
- Engine: Pratt & Whitney R-2800-18W 18 cylinder “Double Wasp” air-cooled
- Speed: 416 mph (670 km/h)
- Range: 1,016 mi (1,635 km)
- Armament: 6x .50 caliber M2 Browning machine guns
Features of this Brickmania™ Kit:
The Brickmania F4U Corsair has been updated with several new features, including a new bubble canopy, printed exhaust ports, dive flaps, and an all-around stronger design. It also features a brick-built, three-tone camouflage, a high-quality sticker sheet with “Stars and Bars”, and an American pilot minifigure. The Corsair kit also includes conversion instructions to display your warplane with its wings folded up as if it were stowed on an aircraft carrier.
- 541 new-condition elements from LEGO®
- Full-color printed building instructions
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Model designed by Cody Osell
- Advanced Skill Level (6–8 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.