About the DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk.VI - WWII Twin-Engine Fighter-Bomber:
Designed for intruder missions at low altitudes, the DH.98 Mosquito FB MK.VI first took to the skies in 1942. Equipped with an impressive attack armament the Mosquito was nicknamed the “Wooden Wonder” because of the use of wood throughout the aircrafts design. This made the Mosquito much easier to produce during wartime given the shortages of metal and other materials typically used to develop aircraft. Performing well in all of its roles, the Mosquito served throughout WWII and into the Cold War era until its retirement in 1963.
- Engine: x2 1,460 hp Rolls Royce Merlin 21
- Crew: 2
- Wingspan: 16.5 m (54 ft)
- Max Speed: 608 kph (378 mph)
- Ceiling: 10,058 m (33,000 ft)
- Range: 2,985 km (1,855 miles)
- Armament: x4 Browning 0.303 machine-guns, x4 Hispano 20 mm cannons, x2 500 lb bombs
Additional information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
Featuring iconic brick-build invasion stripes as well as tail insignia, the DH.98 Mosquito FB MK.VI includes functional bomb bay doors, detailed cockpit, working landing gear, and shrouded exhaust.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 934 LEGO® elements
- X2 Mosquito Crew minifigures
- Full-color printed building instructions
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Additional printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Advanced Skill Level (8–10 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.