About the Char Leclerc - Main Battle Tank:
Entering service in 1992, the Char Leclerc is the main battle tank (MBT) for France. Built by GIAT (now Nexter Systems), the Leclerc is considered one of the top five MBTs currently in use. Named for General Philippe J. Leclerc, who led the Free French 2nd Armored Division as they fought their way to Paris in 1944, the Leclerc is considerably smaller than most MBTs. Extremely compact, the Leclerc has excellent power-to-weight ratio and impressive acceleration. The compact nature of the Leclerc combined with an autoloader enables the tank to be crewed by only three people.
Like many modern MBTs, the Leclerc is armed with a 120mm smoothbore cannon along with 12.7mm and 7.62mm machine guns. Equipped with an HL-70 stabilized panoramic sight, the Leclerc can fire twelve rounds a minute with 95% accuracy while moving cross-country at 50 km/h (31 mph). As recently as 2006, the Leclerc was outfitted with the AZUR urban kit, adding additional layers of armor and a remotely-controlled 7.62mm machine gun.
- Crew: 3
- Engine: SACM V8X eight cylinder diesel
- Speed: 45 mph (72 km/h)
- Range: 341 mph (550 km)
- Armament: 120mm smoothbore GIAT CN120-26/52, M2HB MG, AA-52 LMG
Features of this Brickmania™ Kit:
The Brickmania Leclerc features several of the components on the real tank: opening hatches, rotating turret, elevating/depressing main gun, and working tracks. It also includes a BrickArms M240B MG and ammo box, BrickForge glassware, custom-printed insignia element, and a high-quality sticker sheet.
- This custom model is designed by John Canepa
- One custom-printed Modern French Tank Commander minifigure
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania models
- Includes 803 genuine new-condition LEGO®, Brickmania™, BrickArms®, Brick Forge®, and Minifig.Cat
- Intermediate Skill Level (4–6 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
- Includes full-color printed building instructions
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.