About Carro Armato M13/40:
The Carro Armato M13/40 was developed early in the war, improving on previous Italian models. These tanks had some success against many of the first Allied tanks to appear in North Africa. Although effective at the beginning of the war, the Italian medium tanks proved to be ineffective against the later Allied models and heavier guns. The tank also had poor top speed and range for its size.
Despite its shortcomings, the Allies deployed captured M13/40’s in North Africa. These captured tanks served as a short-term solution for the extreme lack of available Allied armor in several key battles, including El Alamein.
- Crew: 4
- Engine: FIAT V-8 diesel
- Speed: 21 mph (33 km/h)
- Range: 124 miles (200 km/h)
- Armament: 47mm M35 main cannon, 3x 8mm Modello machine guns (two mounted in bow)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Carro Armato M13/40 kit comes with the following features
- One custom-printed minifigure
- High-quality stickers
- Space in hull for driver
- Opening hatch and door
- Rotating turret with elevating cannon
- Includes tools and tow chain
- Designed by Cody Osell
- Includes 348 genuine new-condition LEGO®, BrickArms & Brickmania elements
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.