About the C-47 Skytrain:
One of the most iconic planes of the Second World War, the Douglas C-47 dropped thousands of paratroopers from the night sky onto the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944, playing a crucial role in the transport of troops and supplies throughout every theatre of the war. The Skytrain, as it became known, was crewed by four airmen and flew in “serials” of up to 50 planes during combat missions. It remains in service in countries around the world to this day.
“The C-47 kit features a simplified wing design making it easier to build and strong enough to do a barrel roll!” - Designer Cody Osell
- Max. speed: 220 mph (354 kph)
- Wingspan: 95 ft (29 m)
- Crew: 3
- Engine: P&W 1830
- Max. takeoff weight: 28,000 lbs (12,701 k)
- Range: 1,100 mi (1,770 km)
Additional information about this Brickmania™ custom building kit:
The Brickmania C-47 Skytrain kit features brick-built invasion stripes, posable flaps and rudders, and detailed cockpit and radio room. True to Operation Overlord, the Brickmania C-47 includes a historically accurate radio antenna configuration and also features a brick-built engine exhaust, new landing gear design, and a removable door to convert your C-47 between paratrooper and cargo carrying missions.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 2,220 LEGO® and Brickmania™ elements
- Wingspan: 32 in (82 cm) & length: 22 in (56 cm)
- Full-color printed building instructions
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Advanced Skill Level (8–10 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.