About the AH-1G Cobra:
The Bell AH-1 Cobra is a two-blade, single engine attack helicopter manufactured by Bell Helicopter. It was developed using the engine, transmission, and rotor system of the Bell UH-1 Iroquois. It was the backbone of the United States Army’s attack helicopter fleet, but has since been replaced by the AH-64 Apache in Army service. Upgraded versions continue to fly with the militaries of several other nations. The AH-1 twin engine versions remain in service with United States Marine Corps as the service’s primary attack helicopter.
The AH-1 Cobra was heavily used during the Vietnam War, and was one of the most numerous types of helicopter builds. Bell had been investigating helicopter gunships since the late 1950’s. They stripped down what was not needed from the Iroquois utility helicopter, and demonstrated the AH-1G Cobra as a versatile attack helicopter, perfect for what was needed at the time in Vietnam. The U.S. military struck a deal with Bell to use the helicopter over various other companies at the time. The reason being because the prototype already existed and was ready for manufacturing immediately, while other manufactures required at least two years to demonstrate a working prototype.
- Crew: 2 (pilot & co-pilot/gunner)
- Length: 53 ft (with both rotors turning)
- Height: 13 ft 6 in
- Powerplant: 1x Lycoming T53-L-13 turboshaft, 1,100 shp (820 kW)
- Rotor system: 2 blades on main rotor, 2 blades on tail rotor
- Maximum speed: 171 mph (277 km/h)
- Range: 357 mi (574 km)
- Armament: 2 x 7.62 mm multi-barrel Miniguns, or 2x M129 40 mm Grenade launchers + 2.75 in rockets – 7 rockets mounted in the M158 launcher or 19 rockets in the M200 launcher + M18 7.62 mm Minigun pod or XM35 armament subsystem with XM195 20 mm cannon
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The AH-1G Cobra comes with the following features:
- Vietnam War-era Air Cavalry camouflage and markings
- Custom printed tiles and premium quality vinyl stickers
- Chin turret armament with authentic BrickArms elements
- Two custom printed Vietnam War era helicopter pilot minifigures
- Variable pitch main rotor and posable rear horizontal stabilizers
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 459 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (3-5 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.