The A27M “Cromwell” Cruiser Tank, named for English Civil War leader Oliver Cromwell, was the first tank put into service by the British to combine a dual-purpose gun, reliable Meteor engine, and reasonable armor in a balanced package. The Cromwell first saw action in the Battle of Normandy in June 1944. The tank equipped the armored reconnaissance regiments of the Royal Armored Corps (part of the Royal Tank Regiment), within the 7th, 11th and Guards Armored Divisions. The Cromwell IV was the most numerous variant with over 1,935 units produced. It was not uncommon for this variant to be modified into an observation post, fitting the tank with two No. 19 and two No. 38 portable radios. There are currently at least twenty-five Cromwell IV's that survive in running condition.
This kit features the following:
• Custom Printed British Tank Commander minifig
• Two opening turret hatches
• 360° turret rotation with posable gun
• Genuine LEGO® Shovel, Axe & Sledge Hammer accessories
• 1/35 scale matches other Brickmania models
• The over-all color scheme of this model is dark gray
• Includes 510 genuine Brickmania, BrickArms® & LEGO® elements
• Intermediate skill level (4-6 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania kits are made of new-condition LEGO elements. All kits come disassembled, and include complete full color printed building instructions, and packaged in a sealed box.