About the SU-85:
The SU-85 was a tank destroyer specifically designed to deal with heavy German armor such as the Tiger and the Panther. Designed on the original T-34 medium tank chassis, the SU-85’s sole purpose was to deal with these heavily-armed German terrors. While these tank destroyers were excellent in their assigned roles, they also had no defensive machine gun, making them susceptible to close-range attacks.
The SU-85 was only produced for a short time until the Red Army deployed the new T-34/85, mounting the same 85mm gun on a T-34. Because of this improvement on the T-34, production of the SU-85 was ceased and Soviet factories began turning out the next generation of tank destroyers, the SU-100. Although the Soviets during World War II no longer produced the SU-85, it saw continued use through other 20th century conflicts.
Much like the Soviet tanks, our version of the SU-85 is also based on the chassis of our T-34 model.
- Units produced: 2,050
- Crew: 4 (commander, driver, gunner, loader)
- Main armament: 85mm D-5T gun (later equipped with D-5S)
- Engine: V-2 12-cylinder diesel
- Suspension: Christie vertical coil spring
- Operational range: 248 mi (road), 124 mi (terrain)
- Speed: 29 mph (road)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The SU-85 comes with the following features:
- Custom-printed minifigure
- 5 opening hatches
- Includes custom-printed elements
- 1-wide Brickmania™ Tracklinks
- Spacious interior including room for driver and engine
- Main gun capable of traversing, elevating, and depressing
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Yitzy Kasowitz
- Includes 433 genuine new-condition LEGO® & BrickArms elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.