About the Bedford QLC - Fuel Bowser:
Bedford produced a series of military trucks for the British military during World War II. The QLC version had a large tank mounted on the chassis that allowed it to function both as an aircraft refueling vehicle and fire engine. The “Fuel Bowser” variant would have been driven by Royal Air Force (RAF) grounds crew who were in charge of maintenance and refueling. This system allowed for quick refueling as the RAF were the sole defenders of Britain during the Nazi bombing campaign, otherwise known as the Battle of Britain.
- Engine: 6-cylinder Bedford, 3.519 cm3 (214 cubic inches) displacement, liquid cooled
- Horsepower: 72 at 3.000 rpm
- Transmission: 4-speed gearbox
- Electrical system: 12 volt
- Brakes: Hydraulic with vacuum servo assistance
- Tires: 10.50 - 20.
- Range: 156 mi (250 km)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Bedford QLC - Fuel Bowser comes with the following features
- High-quality vinyl stickers
- Custom-printed RAF Ground Crewman minifigure with BrickArms Brodie Helmet
- Functioning hatches, including space to store hoses
- Designed by Cody Osell
- Includes 232 genuine new-condition LEGO® & BrickArms elements
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.